Anyone have a Pioneer RFD-1 RF Demodulator for Sale?
s***@gmail.com
2006-08-17 18:06:58 UTC
I see some listed on Ebay but the price is out of my range. I was
wondering if any of you had one you are willing to part with.

-Steve
unclejr
2006-08-18 02:29:40 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I see some listed on Ebay but the price is out of my range. I was
wondering if any of you had one you are willing to part with.
About $300 shipped is the going rate for the RFD-1. If you are
patient, you can find a Kenwood DEM-9991D, which is very similar in
performance, a little cheaper.

-Junior
s***@gmail.com
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
2006-08-18 07:45:39 UTC
Hello,

Only looking for RFD-1 or Kenwood? Not Yamaha APD-1 or other models?

http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Laserdisc-Vault_AC3-Demod_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm?refid=store

Regards,
Julien
---
http://LDDb.com/ - LaserDisc Database
Oliver Brose
2006-08-18 11:36:18 UTC
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Only looking for RFD-1 or Kenwood? Not Yamaha APD-1 or other models?
http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Laserdisc-Vault_AC3-Demod_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm?refid=store
Darn, why is that Kenwood so expensive? It doesn't even have optical...?
I can see the use of the Pioneer unit though, I wish I had that instead
of my Yamaha. With my multichannel-receiver being somewhat underequipped
with digital ins it would make for a perfect signal collector. Is there
a 220V version of this pricy puppy?

Oliver
Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
2006-08-19 08:48:59 UTC
Hello,

That's one of the interesting point of the Kenwood, it's coming with
100-240V transformer (the US version is only 110V), targetting European
and Japanese markets altogether.

This one AFAIK has never been used and was only opened to be tested
personnaly to make sure it's 100% functional. Previous like-new device
sold for $250, I raised the price of this one to $275 to reflect its
perfect state.

Regards,
Julien
Oliver
H. Brown

Kurtis Bahr
2006-08-19 01:55:09 UTC
The Lexicon is better than the Pioneer unit. It is a switching unit just
like the RFD-1 but has adjustable input sensitivity, three positions, fine
tuned for different Pioneer Elite models. I sold the one I had for around
$350 early this year.

Kurtis
Post by H. Brown
What would a NIB Lexicon LDD-1 be expected to go for?
http://www.lexicon.com/products/overview.asp?ID=11
Just wondering...
s***@gmail.com
2006-08-18 13:52:13 UTC
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Hello,
Only looking for RFD-1 or Kenwood? Not Yamaha APD-1 or other models?
http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Laserdisc-Vault_AC3-Demod_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm?refid=store
Regards,
Julien
---
http://LDDb.com/ - LaserDisc Database
What I, and I suppose everyone else, likes about the RFD-1 is that you
plug both the AC-3 signal and digital signal into the box, it does its
own switching and outputs a single digital signal. I'm out of digital
inputs for my receiver so I'm trying to save space. I've also been
considering just getting a digital audio switch box in preparation for
when I add more components like a HD-DVD player. If I do that, I would
probably have room for the extra connection I would get from the APD-1.

-Steve
unclejr
2006-08-18 20:25:43 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
What I, and I suppose everyone else, likes about the RFD-1 is that you
plug both the AC-3 signal and digital signal into the box, it does its
own switching and outputs a single digital signal. I'm out of digital
inputs for my receiver so I'm trying to save space.
Yep. That's why they are more valuable that most of the demodulators
out there.

-Junior
Joshua Zyber
2006-08-18 22:27:20 UTC
The Kenwood DEM-9991D will do the same, FYI.
unclejr
2006-08-18 23:30:31 UTC
Post by Joshua Zyber
The Kenwood DEM-9991D will do the same, FYI.
As I stated earlier in this thread...

DYHTBQITHCR = Damn, you have to be quick in this here chat room!

-Junior
s***@gmail.com
2006-08-26 08:58:09 UTC
I was reading recently, that one may use audio splitters in reverse so
that you can connect two different sources to the same input on your
receiver and everything is hunky dory as long as both sources aren't
outputting at the same time.

My player is a Mitsubishi pseudo CLD-704 and outputs in AC-3 as well as
digital coaxial. My question is, would I be able to join the
demodulated AC-3 signal from the APD-1 outputting digital coaxial with
digital coaxial output from the player (using the splitter in reverse
configuration) and have the assembly connect to my receiver via a
single digital coaxial?

I hope that is clear.

Thanks.
Joshua Zyber
2006-08-26 15:09:07 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I was reading recently, that one may use audio splitters in reverse so
that you can connect two different sources to the same input on your
receiver and everything is hunky dory as long as both sources aren't
outputting at the same time.
My player is a Mitsubishi pseudo CLD-704 and outputs in AC-3 as well as
digital coaxial. My question is, would I be able to join the
demodulated AC-3 signal from the APD-1 outputting digital coaxial with
digital coaxial output from the player (using the splitter in reverse
configuration) and have the assembly connect to my receiver via a
single digital coaxial?
LD players output the audio from every connection simultaneously. If you
tried to use a simple Y-adaptor, you'd get conflicting signals.

I believed the ADP-1 has a coax input and will autoswitch between coax
and AC-3 for you, doesn't it?
Sergey Kubushin
2006-08-26 16:17:15 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:

All you need is 1 relay and 1 RCA connector. Relay should be SPDT. In it's
normal state relay should connect that additional RCA connector (where you
connect your digital audio source) to the output of APD-1 thus making it
essentially a pass-through.

When APD-1 locks on AC-3 RF signal it lights up an LED on it's front panel.
You connect that relay's coil in parallel with that LED. When AC-3 from LD
is detected, LED (and relay coil) is powered, relay switches from that
additional RCA connector to decoded AC-3 output.
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Hello,
Only looking for RFD-1 or Kenwood? Not Yamaha APD-1 or other models?
http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Laserdisc-Vault_AC3-Demod_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfs
ubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm?refid=store
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Regards,
Julien
---
2006-08-26 19:56:45 UTC
Sadly, that's mostly greek to me. I'm just going to gang up the
demodulated AC-3 signal with the digital coaxial from my HDTV box which
should never be on at the same time as the LD player. I'll then just
connect the optical directly to my receiver.

Thanks for the replies.

-Steve
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Hello,
Only looking for RFD-1 or Kenwood? Not Yamaha APD-1 or other models?
http://stores.ebay.com/Tokyo-Laserdisc-Vault_AC3-Demod_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfs
ubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm?refid=store
Post by Julien Wilk (LDDb.com)
Regards,
Julien
---
AZ Nomad
2006-09-12 16:47:01 UTC
Post by Sergey Kubushin
All you need is 1 relay and 1 RCA connector. Relay should be SPDT. In it's
normal state relay should connect that additional RCA connector (where you
connect your digital audio source) to the output of APD-1 thus making it
essentially a pass-through.
When APD-1 locks on AC-3 RF signal it lights up an LED on it's front panel.
You connect that relay's coil in parallel with that LED. When AC-3 from LD
is detected, LED (and relay coil) is powered, relay switches from that
additional RCA connector to decoded AC-3 output.
I did the same thing years ago. I had a LD player that had an optional RF
modulator (pioneer 505?) and I used the 5V intended for the rf modulator to
switch the relay.

I'd turn one player of two on, watch the first disk and then hit the power
button on the remote which would turn the first player off and the other player
on, then watch the other disk.
r***@yahoo.com.cn
2006-09-12 21:21:58 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I see some listed on Ebay but the price is out of my range. I was
wondering if any of you had one you are willing to part with.
-Steve
I have RFD-1,but i am CHINAESE,the price is about $180-200,sorry,my
english is not good
l***@gmail.com
2015-04-13 07:57:35 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com.cn
I have RFD-1,but i am CHINAESE,the price is about $180-200,sorry,my
english is not good
Hi

Is this Pioneer RFD-1 AC-3 RF Demodulator still on sale by you?
What is the current price?
Where it is (to predict shipping cost)?

With best regards

Lauri Kreen
Estonia
m***@gmail.com
2017-02-10 20:07:13 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I see some listed on Ebay but the price is out of my range. I was
wondering if any of you had one you are willing to part with.
-Steve
I have a Pioneer RFD-1 for sale along with a Pioneer DVL-909 for sale