Help with CLD-D702
Hank Fiskevold
2011-06-06 22:09:02 UTC
I have a Pioneer CLD-D702 (and a V2600 a while back that I posted on
here about), but now my D702 is having problems. To start, the disc
flip carriage isn't working. When I get to the end of the first side,
it locks up when trying to play the other side and I have to unplug
it. I found this video which shows the same type of player with the
same problem
and the
poster replied to the comment I left, saying "You likely have a
slipping advance belt. Replace with Pioneer part no. PEB1013 ..."

I later brought it home after school ended for the summer, and found
that the now the disc tray won't open. Whenever I power on the player,
it just tries to load a disc (there isn't one in there) and displays a
0:00 playhead and won't respond to any buttons I push except to power
it back off. So I have three questions:

1. How do I fix the disc tray to open the player?
2. Is there any alternative cause to the disc flip problem?
3. If not, where's the best place to get the part?

Thanks!
kbahr
2011-06-07 03:36:06 UTC
same problem http://youtu.be/87wzfo0vOv8 and the
poster replied to the comment I left, saying "You likely have a
slipping advance belt. Replace with Pioneer part no. PEB1013 ..."
I later brought it home after school ended for the summer, and found
that the now the disc tray won't open. Whenever I power on the player,
it just tries to load a disc (there isn't one in there) and displays a
0:00 playhead and won't respond to any buttons I push except to power
1. How do I fix the disc tray to open the player?
2. Is there any alternative cause to the disc flip problem?
3. If not, where's the best place to get the part?
Thanks!
This is NOT a belt issue, it is totally mechanical. This is usually
fixed with either taking some of the silicon grease from somewhere
wels on the guides and putting it on the post on the turn mechanism.
when the mechanism turns the gear is supposed to hit the track and
start pulling the pickup forward. Usually the lubrication is not good
enough and the gear bounces off the track teeth verses starting the
pickup out. What you are doing is forcing the teeth to keep contact
with the gear. Also make sure everything is lining up straight.

If the pickup does not return to rest position the tray will not
open. take off the top and see where the pickup is at. It needs to
be on the bottom toward the spindle motor.

Kurtis
Hank Fiskevold
2011-06-18 03:45:48 UTC
Thanks for your reply,

Although, as someone with basically no experience working with
electronics, I will admit I'm a little confused. Are you describing
the problem with the disc flip carriage getting stuck while changing
sides, or the disc tray not opening? Also, if both of these problems
are something that can be fixed without having to order any parts,
would you perhaps be willing to walk me through the process via webcam/
Skype since I basically have no idea what I'm doing?

Thanks in advance,

Hank