FOR SALE PIONEER ELITE LD-S2 LASERDISK PLAYER
e***@gmail.com
2013-08-10 20:48:24 UTC
Hi, I'm interested in buying your LD-S2. If $250 a reasonable offer?

Thanks,
Dan
c***@yahoo.com
2013-08-19 16:28:01 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
Hi, I'm interested in buying your LD-S2. If $250 a reasonable offer?
The only way to find out if your offer is reasonable to the seller is to build a time machine: you are replying to a post from 1996 and I would imagine that the S2 is long gone by now :)

Anyway, an S2 will cost somewhere around $500 now in 2013.
Dave Garrett
2013-08-21 22:32:45 UTC
Post by c***@yahoo.com
Post by e***@gmail.com
Hi, I'm interested in buying your LD-S2. If $250 a reasonable offer?
The only way to find out if your offer is reasonable to the seller is to build a time machine: you are replying to a post from 1996 and I would imagine that the S2 is long gone by now :)
Anyway, an S2 will cost somewhere around $500 now in 2013.
I think that's a bit low, but there's always the possibility of scoring
a bargain on eBay. I'd imagine the only LD-S2 to be had for $250 is a
non-working one.

I got a freshly-serviced one last year for a bit over $700. As always,
YMMV.
c***@yahoo.com
2013-08-25 03:22:42 UTC
I actually won a mint S2 on eBay about 2 (or so) years back on eBay for $500, only to have it arrive damaged in transit. Getting a serviced one at $700 was about right, as servicing these things is a few hundred dollar proposition. The S2 is a good alternative to dropping $3k on an X0, as both share the same platform: a linear motor, heavy cast base, and r-core transformers are in both. The X0 still has the red laser, updated electronics, and cachet as the best LD player though, and thus I am still in search of the mighty HLD-X0.
Thad Floryan
2013-08-25 21:29:30 UTC
Post by c***@yahoo.com
I actually won a mint S2 on eBay about 2 (or so) years
back on eBay for $500, only to have it arrive damaged in
transit. Getting a serviced one at $700 was about right
as servicing these things is a few hundred dollar
proposition. The S2 is a good alternative to dropping
$3k on an X0, as both share the same platform: a linear
motor, heavy cast base, and r-core transformers are in
both. The X0 still has the red laser, updated
electronics, and cachet as the best LD player though,
and thus I am still in search of the mighty HLD-X0.
IIRC, the X0 is single-side-only play vs. the HLD-X9
which is no slouch on playback and the X9 also has the
red LED which allows it to [at least] play laser-rotted
LDs that won't play on other players as has been written
here many times over the past 15+ years.

Thad