HELP! Pioneer Elite CLD-97
jpreza
2011-03-27 06:19:24 UTC
Guys, I need some help. My Pioneer Elite CLD-97 has been in storage
for about 3 years, along with a cheaper CLD-406 model. Today I took
both of them out of the boxes, plugged in the CLD-406 and fired it up
with no issues. However, my CLD-97 won't power on at all. The red
LED on the front does not light up at all. I remember someone posting
in this group about a fuse being the culprit. Can someone confirm and
how easy is it to replace it if this is the case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/JP
publius
2011-03-28 19:54:13 UTC
Guys, I need some help.  My Pioneer Elite CLD-97 has been in storage
for about 3 years, along with a cheaper CLD-406 model.  Today I took
both of them out of the boxes, plugged in the CLD-406 and fired it up
with no issues.  However, my CLD-97 won't power on at all.  The red
LED on the front does not light up at all.  I remember someone posting
in this group about a fuse being the culprit.  Can someone confirm and
how easy is it to replace it if this is the case?
Thanks in advance for your help.
/JP
That would be the "arc suppressor diode" shorting out, causing the
fuse to blow. Look at the circuit board where the power cord comes in
& the fuse is mounted. There should be a diode just there. Cut it
out of the circuit, replace the fuse, & test. If power comes on to
the player, the next step is to REPLACE the diode, since it does serve
an important function in keeping your machine from frying due to
voltage kickback if the fuse blows.

--publius--
kbahr
2011-03-30 00:51:52 UTC
Guys, I need some help.  My Pioneer Elite CLD-97 has been in storage
for about 3 years, along with a cheaper CLD-406 model.  Today I took
both of them out of the boxes, plugged in the CLD-406 and fired it up
with no issues.  However, my CLD-97 won't power on at all.  The red
LED on the front does not light up at all.  I remember someone posting
in this group about a fuse being the culprit.  Can someone confirm and
how easy is it to replace it if this is the case?
Thanks in advance for your help.
/JP
The 97 does not have this issue with the fuse, it is in the
504/604/505/605/406/606 units. Something else is likely going on
here.

Kurtis