Anyone resurface scratched LaserDiscs anymore?
PinballGuy
2012-02-22 02:40:46 UTC
Tried DiscResource.com and they don't do it anymore.

Thanks!
kbahr
2012-02-23 22:24:57 UTC
Post by PinballGuy
Tried DiscResource.com and they don't do it anymore.
Thanks!
Most people use the Novus polish and scratch remover products. Will
just take time to get your technique down. I don't do it but others
do.
PinballGuy
2012-03-22 17:58:30 UTC
Post by PinballGuy
Tried DiscResource.com and they don't do it anymore.
Thanks!
Most people use the Novus polish and scratch remover products.  Will
just take time to get your technique down.  I don't do it but others
do.
Yeah, I can do that for soem of the scratches but there are some that
are just too big to Novus out.
billnes
2012-03-28 12:15:24 UTC
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:58:30 -0700 (PDT), PinballGuy
Post by PinballGuy
Post by PinballGuy
Tried DiscResource.com and they don't do it anymore.
Thanks!
Most people use the Novus polish and scratch remover products.  Will
just take time to get your technique down.  I don't do it but others
do.
Yeah, I can do that for soem of the scratches but there are some that
are just too big to Novus out.
About 1994, I acquired a Japanese Thunder Storm LX-3 / Cobra Command
laserdisc. I had the old Laserland that was on Hempstead Turnpike, in
Bethpage, New York, send it out to a company. The process ruined it.
I never had another disc polished again.

Cheers,
Uncle Billy - Long Island, New York
m***@gmail.com
b***@gmail.com
2013-09-03 17:35:08 UTC
Yeah, I have a couple video games that use the laserdiscs and if they're scratched, they don't track right.