What was the purpose of the "image post"?
Kenn Caesius
2012-01-29 19:27:26 UTC
In some of my laserdiscs at the end of the feature, there is the SMTP
test pattern with the text "image post". Why is it there?

---End of message---
Oliver Brose
2012-01-29 20:57:04 UTC
Post by Kenn Caesius
In some of my laserdiscs at the end of the feature, there is the SMTP
test pattern with the text "image post". Why is it there?
Hmmm, now what would you use a test pattern for? ;)
It is there so you can test/calibrate your display.

Oliver
Kenn Caesius
2012-01-29 21:36:22 UTC
It makes sense I suppose - strangely, most of the laserdiscs that have
the test pattern never explained how to use it. I did not know until I
bought "A video standard" laserdisc and those blue THX glasses.

---End of message---
Chet Bosco
2012-01-30 06:45:57 UTC
Post by Kenn Caesius
It makes sense I suppose - strangely, most of the laserdiscs that have
the test pattern never explained how to use it. I did not know until I
bought "A video standard" laserdisc and those blue THX glasses.
Anybody with a proper sense of color can adjust the display without the
blue glasses. There's nothing THX about them, just a deep blue filter.

CB
kbahr
2012-01-30 22:25:23 UTC
Post by Chet Bosco
Post by Kenn Caesius
It makes sense I suppose - strangely, most of the laserdiscs that have
the test pattern never explained how to use it. I did not know until I
bought "A video standard" laserdisc and those blue THX glasses.
Anybody with a proper sense of color can adjust the display without the
blue glasses. There's nothing THX about them, just a deep blue filter.
CB
The real key is getting the white temperature at 6500K for every 10%
step from 0 to 100 % brightness then throw away the blue filter and
set the tint in the center. Only exception would be if the color
decoder is really bad in the TV. The turn down the color to remove
any over-saturation. Issue is owning the test equipment to measure
the 6500K, that is expensive. If no test equipment use the blue
filter and adjust the tint to balance the RGB but you are only setting
it for only one input level verses the 10 steps from 0 to 100% with
the white pattern.
publius
2012-01-30 16:08:24 UTC
Post by Kenn Caesius
In some of my laserdiscs at the end of the feature, there is the SMTP
test pattern with the text "image post".  Why is it there?
---End of message---
I don't think it has a purpose, as far as the consumer is concerned.
It's just a lead-out that Image Entertainment (hence the text) added
at the end of their master tapes.

--publius--
blam1@oz.net
2012-02-01 04:30:35 UTC
All titles that you see "Image Post" on are produced by Image
---End of message---
Thad Floryan
2012-02-01 05:02:01 UTC
Post by ***@oz.net
All titles that you see "Image Post" on are produced by Image
Entertainment. "Image Post" is literally Image Entertainment End.
I don't understand what you mean by the "End" above; Image is still
is business per <http://www.image-entertainment.com/>. I'm guessing
you mean "that which follows the movie".

Some movie terminology is weird: a "trailer" is usually a short shown
at the beginning (not end) of a presentation, and I don't even know
what that follows a movie (after the credits) is called.

"Leader"? :-)
blam1@oz.net
2012-02-11 03:58:58 UTC
Post by Thad Floryan
Post by ***@oz.net
All titles that you see "Image Post" on are produced by Image
Entertainment.  "Image Post" is literally Image Entertainment End.
I don't understand what you mean by the "End" above; Image is still
is business per <http://www.image-entertainment.com/>.  I'm guessing
you mean "that which follows the movie".
Some movie terminology is weird: a "trailer" is usually a short shown
at the beginning (not end) of a presentation, and I don't even know
what that follows a movie (after the credits) is called.
"Leader"?   :-)
"End" in this case means "End of Program"