Wanted: LD-S2 Owners Manual PDF
jonlowe
2011-07-14 00:29:28 UTC
Got my ebay special LD-S2 working (bad connection on the main power
board), and AC-3 installed thanks to Kurtis (btw, it can all be done
on the top side of the analog sound board). But I don't have an owners
manual (or remote or Rosewood side panels either, but what can you
expect for $100?!). Anyone got a PDF of the owners manual, or would
be willing to either scan or xerox theirs? I've looked high and low on
the internet for one, but can't find it. Yeah, I know there is one on
ebay with a remote right now, but I don't really need the remote as I
use a custom programmed remote and have other Pioneer remotes.

This thing IS all it is cracked up to be. Very noise free picture,
built like a tank. I've NEVER seen a piece of consumer electronics
built like this. I really liked my Panasonic LX-900 (better picture
than a CLD-703/704, and no smear), but the the LD-S2 is in a class by
itself.

Thanks.

Jon
b***@yahoo.com
2011-07-14 02:58:15 UTC
On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:29:28 -0700 (PDT), jonlowe <***@aol.com>
wrote:

Hello,

The way you talk about the LD-S2 reminds me of the way I feel
about my Pioneer LD-V8000. Even though the 8000 doesn't play music
CD's it's still an awesome player for home use - once I acquired a
level 1 RCU. I still own about US$5,000 in Japanese anime on LD and
the industrial discs from inside several ALG arcade machines.

I'm not worried about the 8000 not being able to play CD's. I
use iTunes to convert all my CD's over to M4A and then store the
finished M4A's on a 1Gb NAS drive. Being that I'm in the New York
City Metro Area, litterally tons of low cost used CD's are available.
I happen to like Book Off, on West 45th St., in Manhattan the best.
Mr. Cheapo's, with two (2) locations on Long Island comes in a close
second.

I was lucky enough to acquire several 8000's when the
Sony/Interfilm interactive movie game system failed in 1994.

Cheers,
Bill N.
ICon Science Fiction, Inc.
Holbrook, NY